Monday, January 10, 2011

{Get To Know Us Mondays} Dave Stocklos

This week, we're getting to know Dave Stocklos.

Becky: Where are you from?
Dave: I was born in Philadelphia and grew up in Holland, PA and attended Council Rock High School.

B: Do you have a day? job? What is it?
D: I work with my step-dad at his company. We're general contractors who specialize in renovations and building custom homes.

B: What is your favorite type of music? Do you have a favorite song?
D: I like Dance music - I have alot of energy, and its fun. My favorite song is, "World Hold On."

B: How did you get into DJing? What's your favorite thing about it?
D: I got involved in music when I was very little. There are pictures of me during my 6th grade dance standing next to the DJ - that was my first real contact with the industry and I spent the entire night talking about what it would be like. I became obsessed with owning as much music as possible and was always the first to have anything new. As I got older I started going dancing at clubs with friends. I first DJ'd when I was 17 and working at a bowling alley. The DJ called out sick and I did the music for cosmic bowling. A few months later I joined a DJ company as a Dancer. I danced at three parties before I went out as an assistant DJ. I did two parties as an assistant and then went out on my own. Over the next six 6 years I was the most requested next to the owner himself and performed at weddings, Mitzvahs, school dances, bars, birthday parties, etc. I even did some parties for Wired 96.5 and Q102.

B: What did you want to be when you grew up?
D: I wanted to be a Veterinarian

B: What's your favorite type of event to DJ, why?
D: Weddings are my favorite. I like helping to make such an important day so memorable.

B: What are your favorite things to do/hobbies?
D: Some of my hobbies include shooting billiards - I competed in a national competion in Vegas in 2008 - reading, running, biking, working out and playing poker.

B: How long have you been a DJ?
D: Over 10 years
B: What's your favorite movie?
D: Dragonheart

B: Do you have any pets?
D: Harley, he is a 5 year old Shih Tzu and Lhasa Apso mix.

My wife Kristen and I were married January 16, 2010 - Matt Blank DJ'd our wedding. We're expecting our first child, a son, in March and spend our spare time working on our house and getting the nursery ready.

Make sure to check back every Monday for another Q&A. If you have anything you'd like to know about us, leave a comment with your question, post it on our Facebook page or email it in to beckyd@synergeticsounds.com.

No comments: