Monday, January 3, 2011

{Get To Know Us Mondays} Dan Spangler

We hope you had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed the holiday!
This morning we're getting to know Dan Spangler. Dan is one of our second DJs - although he is working hard at becoming a main DJ.


Becky: Where are you from?
Dan: South Media, PA

B: Do you have a “day” job? What is it?
D: I'm the director of a before and after school program in Media, PA, as well as an assistant teacher at KinderCare Learning Center in Brookhaven, PA.

B: What’s your favorite type of music? Why?
D: Hip-Hop is my favorite type of music because of the way it tells the story of life - mostly from an African-American point of view. It has become our voice and our form of expression.

B: Do you have a favorite song?
D: The Micstro - by RC LaRocz.

B: How did you get into DJing? What's your favorite thing about it?
D: I became a DJ because of my brother, DJ Flow - Power99 FM. I would go to different clubs with him and spin and see the control the DJ had on the crowd. I realized that's what I wanted to do. To be able to control a crowd and make that many people, in a positive way, do what you tell them to and watch them enjoy their night because of you, is probably the most gratifying experience a DJ can have.

B: What did you want to be when you grew up? Is it still an option? Is it what you do now?
D: Honestly, all I've ever wanted to do besides be a pro athlete, is DJ - just a few kinks here and there to iron out, but it is very much an option. I'm trying to make it the only thing I do!

B: What’s your favorite type of event to DJ? Why?
D: Clubs. Nothing beats the independence a club brings. At the club I can play, do and say whatever I want to in order for folks to enjoy themselves and that's where I excel.
B: What are your favorite things to do/hobbies?
D: Besides work and DJing, I enjoy playing basketball and football in my spare time.

B: How long have you been a DJ?
D: I started DJing my freshman zear of high school in the fall of 1998 at the age of 14.

B: What's your favorite movie?
D: Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

B: Do you have any pets?
D: Yes, an 8 month old York-terrier named Juicy.
Make sure to check back every Monday for another Q&A. If you have anything you'd like to know about us, leave a comment with your question, post it on our Facebook page or email it in to beckyd@synergeticsounds.com.

No comments: