Tuesday, November 16, 2010

{Tune in Tuesday} Kyle

A few weeks ago, we got to know Kyle. This week, lets find out what he's listening to. On top of being a DJ and setting up lighting, Kyle is an excellent Pianist and has played for clients during cocktail hour. If you're interested in some live music for your cocktail hour, give us a call to learn more.

This is some of my favorite music that gives me a lot of inspiration on a day to day basis and as a DJ. Maybe you will see some of your favorites too!

Here are a few of the best hip-hop albums from the 90’s that will always be stored in my iPod. I loved this era of hip-hop because there was a strong focus on complex and skilled rhyming. Match that with the simple yet appealing instrumentals and you’ve got some recordings that many would call classics in hip-hop.
-Illmatic by Nas
-Reasonable Doubt by Jay-Z
-Midnight Marauders from A Tribe Called Quest

When it comes to rock and roll, here are a few artists that make me want to strum the air-guitar!
-George Thorogood and the Destroyers
-The Doors
-The Beatles

I also have a great appreciation for jazz musicians. I love listening to jazz when I’m reading or when I’m winding down before bed. I find these artists’ work very relaxing and mentally stimulating.
-Miles Davis
-John Coltrane
-Thelonious Monk

No comments: