Monday, November 22, 2010

{Get To Know Us Monday} Mark Mehler

This week, we'll get to know Mark. He has been a part of Synergetic for a long time - he's a great DJ and all around nice guy.

Becky: Where are you from?
Mark: I grew up in Northeast Philadelphia. I attended Maternity B.V.M. grade school and Archbishop Ryan High School.

B: Do you have a “day” job? What is it?
M: I am an Insurance Broker. We currently have an office located in the Mayfair section of Northeast Philadelphia called Liberty Insurance Services Inc.

B: What’s your favorite type of music? Do you have a favorite song?
M: I can’t really say that I have one specific genre or type of music that I listen to consistently. Some days are Sinatra, some are Old School Hip Hop, and some are Country. I will listen to anything that catches my ear and attention. If I have to lean towards one type of music it would be Dance music in the 120-130 BPM (beats per minute) range due to the energy a song of that tempo creates. Favorite Song: My Parta Town by Tuff Crew.

B: How did you get into DJing? What’s your favorite thing about it?
M: I started DJing while attending Penn State. I had a friend who was a DJ and helped out occasionally. I loved everything about it from the first time I touched the turntables and I went out and bought my own equipment about 2 weeks later. I DJ’d a friends graduation party just play around after that and off I went.
My Favorite thing about DJing is the unknown. You don’t know the crowd or the people personally. You have no idea what type of music they listen to, or would dance to, but somehow you find that one song that packs a dance floor and you can feel the energy you’ve just created. You feed off of that for the rest of the night. It’s an adrenaline rush and it is so addicting!

B: What did you want to be when you grew up? Is it still an option?
M: Successful was my goal. I never really chose what I wanted as a profession. I guess we all dream at some point of being a pro athlete or a public figure or icon, but I am very happy with where I am now. I really don’t see the need to dwell on what I could’ve been or if it’s an option. I feel I am successful. I have a HOT wife (I definitely married up), 2 gorgeous boys, and I am building a business. “I’m Living the Dream!”

B: What’s your favorite type of event to DJ, why?
M: Definitely a wedding. It’s constant interaction and variety and we don’t have to play one specific type of music for 5 straight hours. It’s a sense of accomplishment to have everyone from their teens to Golden Years packing the dance floor at the same time.

B:Do you have any hobbies or favorite things to do?
M: I play baseball in the spring/summer months and I love to play golf. When I say play, I mean that I beat the heck out of a little white ball and chase it around in a golf cart screaming. I also enjoy my downtime with my family and love to watch my kids sporting events.

B: How long have you been a DJ?
M: I have been a DJ for the past 13 years and loved every minute of it.

B: Do you have a favorite movie?
M: I would have to say Scarface, but there are so many that come in a close second. Another would be Shooter.

B: Do you have any pets? What are they? Names? How old?
M: I have a 5 year old, Yellow Lab named Sierra. She is a big part of our family.

Make sure to check back every Monday for another Q&A. If you have anything you'd like to know about us, leave a comment with your question, post it on our Facebook page or email it in to beckyd@synergeticsounds.com.

No comments: