Monday, December 6, 2010

{Get To Know Us Mondays} Kurt

Kurt is one of our DJ's. He's a great DJ and all around nice guy! He has been with Synergetic for a while now, but for those of you who don't know him, meet Kurt.

Becky: Where are you from?
Kurt: I live in Philadelphia and went to Maternity BVM up until 6th grade, then moved to Feasterville where I finished grade school at Assumption BVM, and Archbishop Wood.

B: Do you have a "day" job?
K: Right now I do Accounting for a nonprofit organization in Doylestown.

B: What's your favorite type of music? Do you have a favorite song?
K: I am into a lot of music - I can't really pick a favorite type, if you saw the blog of what I am listening to you would see why. I think "Poison" by BBD is my favorite song.

B: How did you get into DJing? What's your favorite thing about it?
K: My brother Mark started off DJing himself and I would help out here and there. He eventually started working with Synergetic and brought me in and I have loved it ever since. I love seeing the faces of the people on the dancefloor when they hear a song that I am mixing in and it is one that they love. I would have to say now, after recently getting married, my favorite part is trying to make sure the bride and groom have nothing to worry about all night and can just have fun, since that is what I experienced with Jason being my DJ.

B: What did you want to be when you grew up?
K: I have always wanted to do something with art. I love to draw and design things - it is a way to express myself. I took my first year of college in Graphic Design before switching and getting my degree in Accounting. I think it is still an option and I want to go back and start taking Graphic Design courses again for a degree in that also. I have been talking to a company about a possible job where I would do graphic design and accounting for them - I think that would be a lot of fun.

B: What's your favorite type of event to DJ, why?
K: I would say a wedding is my favorite type of event because bride's and groom's feel comfortable enough to pick me to DJ one of the most important days in their lives. Also, with weddings there is always that element of the unknown with the crowd that you are going to get and the type of music they are going to like, and it is up to me to get them on the dancefloor.

B: What are your favorite things to do/hobbies?
K: I play in a softball and a roller hockey league and I'm a HUGE Philly sports fan. I love spending my time off with my wife since we are usually busy with my work schedule and all of the papers and studying she is doing to graduate in January. Also, when I have time I like to draw.

B: How long have you been a DJ?
K: I have been a DJ for a little over 6 years now and I love it. I have made some great friends with the DJs that we have, and have had a chance to work with some great people in the business.

B: Do you have a favorite movie?
K: This is a tough one - just like music I love a lot of different movies. Comedy and Action movies are my favorite and from them I would have to say- the Hangover and both Transformers are my favorite movies.

B: Do you have any pets?
K: Yes, I have a Minature Pincher, his name is Reese (like the peanut butter cup. I am addicted to them and even named my dog after them, haha). He is probably the most spoiled dog you will ever meet but we love him. And my mom has a dog, I consider mine as well, named Mandy. She is a mix but looks like an Australian Shepard.

Make sure to check back every Monday for another Q&A. If you have anything you'd like to know about us, leave a comment with your question, post it on our Facebook page or email it in to beckyd@synergeticsounds.com.

No comments: