Monday, December 20, 2010

{Get To Know Us Monday} Brian Quinn

Brian is one of our lead production guys. He's a nice guy and is always good for a laugh. Since he sets up a lot of our lighting jobs, we thought we should officially introduce him to everyone.

Becky: Where are you from?
Brian: I was born in Bucks County but raised and still currently reside in the Far Northeast section of Philadelphia, PA.

Becky: What is your “day” job?
Brian: I am a property manager in center city Philadelphia.

Becky: What do you do at Synergetic and how long have you been here?
Brian: I've technically been with Synergetic for abut 5 years. It started as a fill in position here and there and eventually I found myself working just about every Saturday. I am a valued member of the production team. Generally I set up basic lighting for weddings or hook up video for events but every time a unique set up comes around I seem to get the call.

Becky: What’s your favorite type of music? Why? Do you have a favorite song?
Brian: Life is pretty stressful so I find myself listening to anything that relaxes my mind. I'm really into 80's jams but I would have to say my favorite song is "Hey Soul Sister" by Train. It reminds me of my favorite place in the world, Hawaii. Every radio station plays that song 3 times an hour out there.

Becky: What did you want to be when you grew up?
Brian: Growing up I never knew what I wanted to do. Part of me as an adult feels the same way. I know I like helping people and doing things for others so I think I should have probably ended up in the health care industry. In fact now that you asked me that, I'm thinking I am going to go back to school and figure it out.

Becky: What are your favorite things to do/hobbies?
Brian: Play baseball, Racquetball, Ski, Snowboard. Basically anything that keeps me really active.

Becky: Do you have a favorite movie?
Brian: Dirty Dancing. Please don't ask.

Becky: Do you have any pets?
Brian: No Pets anymore. I did have a Yorkie Poo named Chandler. I was able to teach that dog 6 different tricks in a matter of 2 months.

Becky: What do you love about what you do?
Brian: Almost every time I finish setting up a job, I wait for the bride and groom to approve, and just as I get a little tired of waiting, they walk in to the room and I get to see the exuberant reaction because of how nice the place looks and I leave feeling like I did a good job.

Brian was also named the Synergetic Employee of the month for November. Check out the write up here.

Make sure to check back every Monday for another Q&A. If you have anything you'd like to know about us, leave a comment with your question, post it on our Facebook page or email it in to beckyd@synergeticsounds.com.

No comments: