Monday, February 7, 2011

{Get To Know Us Monday} Justin

Happy Monday! We hope you all had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed last nights big game! A couple of weeks ago Justin shared his current musical favorites, today, we'll get to know him better.

Becky: Where are you from?
Justin: Southampton, PA

B: Do you have a "day" job?
J: Right now I am working at Giant Supermarket managing the prepared foods department and am also looking for a job in the sports management field.
B: What is your favorite type of music? Favorite song?
J: I love every type of music, but recently my favorite has been Baltimore club music because it has so much energy. My favorite song right now is Asher Roth, G.R.I.N.D.

B: How did you get into DJing?
J: I used to DJ parties for my friends when I was at Immaculata University and after I graduated, one of my friends who works for Synergetic, Chris Chiarolanza, said I should check out Synergetic Sounds since I was looking for a job that I would enjoy.

B: What did you want to be when you grew up? Is it still an option?
J: I wanted to be in the NBA when I was younger - I used to play in at least 3 basketball leagues at a time until I played one year at Immaculata. Basketball is always a game I loved to play but it requires a lot of time and effort and I wanted to put that effort into my school work and concentrate on graduating. It is definitely not an option anymore, haha, but I still play in an adult league in Warminster.

B: What's your favorite type of event to DJ, why?
J: Weddings are always fun - the atmosphere is amazing - but I was a 2nd DJ at a school dance and that blew my mind. All the kids were having a great time dancing to new music, which I like to play and listen to.

B: WHat are your favorite things to do/hobbies?
J: One of the things I really like to do is watch movies and tv shows - I could watch them all day, especially Lost. I also like to listening to new music and making mixtapes for my friends so they have something new to listening to.
B: How long have you been a DJ?
J: Well, since I started playing music at parties it has been 5 years, but I have been with Synergetic for almost a year.

B: What's your favorite movie?
J: I have way too many favorite movies but my all time favorite that I know almost every word to (sadly) is Clerks, then I would have to say Old School and Step Brothers.
B: Do you have any pets?
J: Yes, a 10 year old yellow lab named Maddie.
Make sure to check back every Monday for another Q&A. If you have anything you'd like to know about us, leave a comment with your question, post it on our Facebook page or email it in to beckyd@synergeticsounds.com.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Justin Byrne doing work. Good job man!!