Monday, February 21, 2011

{Get To Know Us Monday} Matt Bowyer

Matt is one of our DJ's and has been with Synergetic for quite a while now. For those of you who don't know him, nows your chance to "meet" him. And even if you have met him, now you can get to know him better. (Thanks to Joy Moody for the image).

Becky: Where are you from?
Matt: I have lived in a few different places, but I graduated from Pennsbury High School, so I like to say I’m from the Levitown area. I live in Horsham now.

B: Do you have a “day” job?
M: I'm a DJ 24/7.

B: What’s your favorite type of music? Do you have a favorite song?
M: I like rock even though there are so many different kinds of rock now. My cousin was in all types of rock bands growing up, so I guess I grew to love it. I can’t really say one song is my favorite but it would probably be something by the Counting Crows.

B: How’d you get into DJing? What’s your favorite thing about it?
M: Mike Keleher showed me how songs could be blended together seamlessly and I have been hooked ever since. My favorite thing about DJing is when I mix an old song and a newer song together and the crowd goes crazy for both songs.

B: What did you want to be when you grew up? Is it still an option? ?
M: Like every kid growing up I wanted to be a professional baseball player. It isn’t much of an option now, but I still love the game. I play Sunday morning softball in the summer.

B: What’s your favorite type of event to DJ, why?
M: A wedding. No two weddings are ever the same. I love the challenge of finding that perfect blend of music to fit the crowd that evening to keep them dancing till the party stops.

B: What are your favorite things to do/hobbies?
M: I love playing sports so when I can I love playing softball, roller hockey, and golf. I also love watching the Philadelphia sports teams: Flyers, Phillies and Eagles.

B: How long have you been a DJ?
M: I’ve been a DJ at synergetic for about 7 years now.

B: WHat's your favorite movie?
M: A very hard question. The one movie I can watch over and over is Shawshank Redemption, so I guess I would say that is my favorite.

B: Do you have any pets?
M: Yes. My girlfriend and I have a six month old cat named Memphis.

Make sure to check back every Monday for another Q&A. If you have anything you'd like to know about us, leave a comment with your question, post it on our Facebook page or send it in to beckyd@synergeticsounds.com.

No comments: