Friday, August 19, 2011

Meghan and Joe

Back in May I spun a wedding at Old York Road Country Club. I personally do a lot of work there - Joe and his staff do a great job and we always seem to have a blast when we're there. It was also neat to see Meghan and Joe ride up to their cocktail hour on a golf cart. Something that they always do at OYRCC.


Meghan and Joe chose to add up lighting to the DJ package and this is one of the venues where it really stands out. If you haven’t talked to us about how we do up lighting differently from our competition, give Kelly or Matt a call to learn more.


As much as I love the lighting, ultimately, the success of the night for me comes down to my mixing and programing . And to tell you the truth, I never have any idea of what I am going to play. I just let the crowd take me where they want to go. I think any good DJ has a number of song combinations that he can play, but waits till he/she gets to a wedding to put it together. And that’s what I did at Meghan and Joe’s wedding.


I managed to mix in some “Bruce,” with some “Jay Sean,” and even some “James,” all while keeping the dance floor flowing. My playlist from this wedding really is nice! I mean how many times do I get the chance to play “Man in the mirror,” and have everybody dance to it. Such a great night.


Victor was my second DJ that night and I really had to work him. It was such a nice night, that people did wander outside, so he was busy when it came time for the formalities. Our second DJs are always taking care of the little things and for me that is important. It gives me the most time to be creative and keep people dancing. I couldn’t imagine having to mix, then go find someone, then run back to mix, then go take two requests, then mix real quick, then go talk to the photographer ... ugh. Thank goodness Synergetic goes out with two people! Makes a world of a difference.


If you are still looking for a DJ, give Kelly call. I would be more the happy to sit down and talk about your wedding and tell you more about myself and my approach to DJing weddings.


Also, I wanted to give a shout out to Maggie of Maggie Wallace Cullen Photography. She was a lot of fun to work with and got some great shots.



-Chris
(Thanks to Jennifer Childress Photography for the image of Chris)

No comments: