Monday, October 11, 2010

Get To Know Us Mondays!

We're going to make a few changes to the blog over the next few weeks. We love showing off our events and wonderful clients and we love sharing what we're up to with all of you. We offer advice and try to provide you with information regularly, but now we want to take it to the next level. We want to offer you even more advice and tips, not just from us, but from other industry professionals. We also want to tell you more about Synergetic and the people behind it.

One of these new series will be "Get To Know Us Mondays." Each Monday we'll post an interview with one of our team members so you can get to know us better. I figured, who better to start with than the man behind Synergetic? Here's our mini interview with Jason.

Becky: Where are you from?
Jason: Was born in Southwest Philadelphia. Moved to the Somerton section when I was 6. Lived there ever since.

B: Do you have a “day” job?
J: I have a life job. Synergetic takes up pretty much all of it!

B: What’s your favorite type of music?
J: This is going to sound really bad, but I love country. You see, music today is generally so bad and country still has substance to it. It still makes sense musically. Today’s country is very close to rock, so don’t think I’m listening to people talk about the lost dog or big truck! One of my favorite artists are the Zac Brown Band. You may have heard of a little hit they had called “Toes” or “Chicken Fried.” Take a listen to their CD, I think you will really like it, even if you don’t like country.

B: How did you get into DJing?
J: I went to the Palace Roller Skating rink when I was 14. I went with my good friend at the time as a wing-man. He was going on a date and needed me to go out with his dates friend. So there I am skating around the rink with this girl and I hear the DJ go from one song to another, without stopping. I was like wow! I spent the rest of the night in the DJ booth watching, leaving the girl to skate by herself. I went home and told my mom “I want to be a DJ!” The rest is history.

B: What did you want to be when you grew up? Is it still an option? Is that what you do now?
J: Before that, I wanted to be a engineer. There is no way I would do that now. I love what do!

B: How long have you been a DJ?
J: 17 years. Since I was 14.

B: What is your favorite type of event to DJ, why?
J: I love to do weddings. I get to share in a day that someone has planned for months. And, better yet, I get to make those people have fun, and I get to do it with a style that is so vastly different then most wedding DJs. From quick mixing to live mach-ups, to pulling out old songs to breaking new music, I love to hear people tell my clients, "Your DJ is awesome! He is by far the best DJ I have ever heard at a wedding!"

B: What are your favorite things to do, other than DJ of course?!
J: I am a big Vegas fan, so I tend to go out there 2-3 times a year.

B: Do you have a favorite movie?
J: Wow, this one is tough. Gonna have to say High Fidelity.

B: Do you have any pets?
J: Nope. None. Not a big animals. If I did have one though it would be a Penguin. That would be really cool!

Make sure to check back every Monday for another Q&A. If you have anything you'd like to know about us, leave a comment with your question, post it on our Facebook page or email it in to beckyd@synergeticsounds.com.

No comments: