Monday, October 18, 2010

{Get To Know Us Mondays} Matt Blank

This week, get to know Matt Blank, an awesome DJ and our General Manager.

Becky: Where are you from?
Matt: Northeast Philadelphia – Parkwood was the Neighborhood. I went to Washington HS, and played football, then went to Millersville and also played football.

B: Do you have a “day” job? What is it?
M: GM – duh :).

B: What’s your favorite type of music?
M: My favorite music is everything. You can catch me listending to country one day, trance the next, but most of the time, it's hip hop. My favorite hip hop artists by far are Biggie, Tupac, Jayz, Eminem, and the Roots.

B: How did you get into DJing? What’s your favorite thing about it?
M: I was a dancer for another company when I was 14 doing Bar/Bat mitzvahs. I learned the technique of being a DJ in Highschool and have always loved music. So it was a natural progression for me when I met Jason and learned not only the art of DJing, but the business of being one as well. I love taking chances on songs when mixing and they work for any type of crowd. This weekend I mixed I Gotta Feeling (BEP), with Zombie Nation, with Beat It (MJ). The crowd went bananas.

B: What did you want to be when you grew up?
M: I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. Successul, healthy, happy, giving.

B: What’s your favorite type of event to DJ, why?
M: Weddings – each is different and my talent really shines through when getting older/younger people to dance at the same time.

B: What are your favorite things to do? Do you have any hobbies?
M: I love to play and watch sports. From football to baseball and even hockey. Sports are very fun to me because I am a very competitive person.

B: How long have you been a DJ?
M: 12 years

B: Do you have a favorite movie?
M: Right now Inglorious Bastards, all time – Goodfellas or Bronx Tale.

B: Do you have any pets?
M: I have 2 dogs, Muddie, a mix breed who is 14 and Choochie, a chocolate lab who is 9 months. Choochie is named after Phillies catcher Carlos Ruiz. I also have two finches who are about 5 months old.

Make sure to check back every Monday for another Q&A. If you have anything you'd like to know about us, leave a comment with your question, post it on our Facebook page or email it in to beckyd@synergeticsounds.com.

No comments: