Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving - a day to reflect

When I think about Thanksgiving, the first things that come to mind are, food and family. My husband and I get both sides of our families together at our home for a wonderful day filled with love, laughter and lots of food. Even though Thanksgiving isn't my favorite holiday food-wise, I look forward to it every year.

In the Jewish religion, there are days dedicated to reflection, but I see Thanksgiving as another day for that. 2009 has been a year of tremendous ups and downs for many, I know it has been for myself and my family, but when there is a "down," an "up" isn't usually too far behind. No matter how difficult things get, or how hard one day may seem, there is always tomorrow.

I am extremely thankful for my Husband and my family. I have a wonderful job and work with some incredible people. I have a baby girl on the way and I could not be more thankful for her. No matter how tough things seem, there is always something to be thankful for. So at some point today, or over the next few days, instead of dwelling on what's missing, please take some time to reflect on all that you have and all that you're thankful for. I promise to do the same.

I hope you all have a happy and healthy holiday, filled with love, laughter and lots of food.

-Becky

No comments: