Thursday, April 7, 2011

Female DJs

For years I have been asked the same question, “why don’t you have any female DJs?” And for years I have given the same answer, “ I can’t find any.”

Really, that’s it. I have only had 3 females apply for a position over 14 years and none of them stuck with it.

For some people it’s a stereotype, the DJ has to be a guy. But, I really think the playing field is even on this one. There is no trick, no gene that guys have or anything else that makes men want to be DJs more. It just ends up that way. The only thing it does take is practice. But that’s with anything that you want to be good at. Okay, and a little bit of ego. And I don’t know any guy who has an ego problem!


A girl could be very successful as a DJ. The few female DJs that are in the business do get popularity, especially the ones that choose to do clubs. I am dying to find a talented DJ that is female. If you know one, or heck, want to become one, give us a call. Come see how interesting it is and prove me wrong!

-Jason

No comments: