Monday, March 7, 2011

{Get To Know Us Monday} Becky

Good morning! We hope you've enjoyed getting to know the people behind Synergetic Sound and Lighting over the past few months. Today, we're getting to know me, Becky :), the woman behind the blog. I didn't want to have a full conversation with myself, so I asked Kelly to take over as question asker.

Kelly: Tell me a little about yourself.
Becky: I live in South Jersey with my husband Matt, our daughter Addie and our cat, Riley. I've been living in South Jersey for about 6 years - it's not bad, but I still get a little homesick sometimes.

K: Where are you from?
B: I'm from the Boston area.

K: What is your main role/title at Synergetic? What do you do? How long have you been at Synergetic?
B: I am the Sales and Marketing Manager at Synergetic. So, I do the marketing - the blog (we're working on a new website!), the newsletter, social media, informational brochures, etc. I follow up with the professionals we work with on all of the events we do to get feedback and make sure everything went the way it was supposed to behind the scenes. I attend a lot of networking events - it's my job to get the Synergetic name out there and let people know who we are and what we do. I have been at Synergetic almost two and a half years.

K: What’s your favorite type of music? Do you have a favorite song?
B: I don't know that I have a favorite type of music, or a favorite song. What I listen to seems to depend on my mood - although I don't really care for rap or country. I grew up listening to Billy Joel, James Taylor and Neil Young and I like songs that tell stories.

K: What did you want to be when you grew up? Is it still an option?
B: I went back and forth between wanting to be a model and a teacher. I've taught on and off, but decided against making a full career out of it.

K: What are your favorite things to do/hobbies?
B: Playing with my daughter is one of my favorite things to do, but I also love to create. I scrapbook and enjoy crafting. I love sports but haven't played in years, now I just enjoy watching. I'm a Mets fan, a Patriots fan and a Celtics fan - and before you send me hate mail, I'm fully aware how terrible the Mets are.

K: What's your favorite movie?
B: I could never pick just one. I'm a sucker for a good romantic comedy and love Pixar movies. One of my all time favorites though, is Bull Durham.

K: Do you have any pets? What are they? Names? How old?
B: We have a cat named Riley. He's 5.5 and thinks he's a dog.

Thanks for taking the time to get to know me and the rest of the gang. Have a wonderful week!
-Becky

No comments: