Friday, December 2, 2011

Adding Violins to Your Event - From A DJs Persepctive

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of DJing with our violinists at a wedding reception. It was a really unique experience for me as a DJ since I rely on pre-recorded music. For the first dance and parent dances the violins played along adding to the feel of the room with live music. I was impressed with the skill they possess and the ability to play along with just about any song. In addition, I enjoyed mixing them in with the music. The end result was a truly one of a kind experience for the Bride, Groom and their guests.

When we kicked off the dance floor the violins were involved with the crowd and played along with the music. We would cue off of each other throughout the evening seamlessly from the mixed music I was playing. Featuring the violin from time to time throughout the night was a fun time for both the guests and for me. The violins and I shared the crowd’s enthusiasm for all of the styles of music I played.

The violins are a great addition to the atmosphere that a DJ provides. It was exciting and fun to hear how good they sound and involve them in the reception. While I believe a DJ is the best option for your entertainment at a wedding adding the violinists is a creative option that enhances it.





-Patrick

No comments: