Thursday, February 18, 2010

Danielle's Bat Mitzvah

I broke into the special event industry as a dancer for a mitzvah company back in 97’. Every weekend I was performing at different venues, meeting tons of people, and helping families throw great parties. As I got older I found my love for being a true DJ who blends songs, and selects the right music in the right order to allow guests to have a great time. While spinning at weddings every weekend, it’s very different from my dancing/performing days. It’s easy to forget my roots and how I got started in this industry. Mitzvahs were the first type of events I was exposed to and were my love for the first part of my career. While I’m very busy with weddings I still try and do a few mitzvahs a year to change the pace. Currently I select a few families a year that want me to make their son or daughter’s mitzvah a hit and I’ll perform for them.

This past weekend I had the pleasure to work with the Butler family and help make Danielle’s Bat Mitzvah a time for her and her friends to remember for the rest of their lives. They selected the beautiful Colonial Golf &Tennis Club in Harrisburg as their venue, and the very talented Heidi Welshans as their photographer. Below are some of the amazing pictures she had captured throughout the party.

Danielle is a wonderful person who loves her family and friends. Let me say how easy it was to work with her and her family. From the minute I met Danielle I knew she was ready to have a great time with her friends. As soon as the guests arrived to the club they were on the dance floor. For a daytime event this mitzvah lived up to its expectations. With the help of Danielle’s parents, Beth and Paul selected a great lighting design to help set the atmosphere. Using pink uplighting to give the effect of a nighttime event, as well as wanting the music to be upbeat, their ideas helped set the tone for day.

Between the dance contests, the games, and the interaction with the children and the adults I was very pleased to have had the opportunity to be a part of Danielle’s special day. Even her little sister Mikki was jamming on the dance floor all night. Thanks again to the Butler family for putting together a great team of vendors with Synergetic, Heidi Welshans, and the Colonial Golf & Tennis club, to help Danielle celebrate of her accomplishment.



No comments: