Tuesday, September 1, 2009

An All Pro Wedding

On January 13th of this year I received an email requesting some information about our services for a wedding. I called the number provided in the email and spoke with Dan Orlovsky (the groom) about his upcoming wedding. From that first conversation I could tell this was going to be a wedding that was a step above the rest. His name sounded familiar, but it wasn’t until we met, that I realized who he was. Imagine my excitement, as a huge football fan, when Dan and his fiancee (at the time) Tiffany walked into our office, and I realized he was a quarterback for the Houston Texans. As a professional, I decided not to bring up his profession during our meeting. Even taking into account who Dan is and what he does, it was hard to distinguish he and Tiffany from any other couple in love. I noticed very quickly that they were great people, with big hearts, madly in love.

A few days after the meeting, they called and booked our services for their wedding. I was very excited because I knew that their wedding was going to be a great time. In my opinion Dan and Tiffany put together an all pro team of vendors for their wedding. They chose the beautiful Cairnwood Mansion for their ceremony and reception. The food was provided by Jimmy Duffy Catering and the event design was executed by ZN Designs. Justin and Mary Marantz photographed the wedding, Beautiful Blooms provided the stunning flowers and we DJ'd and did the lighting for their reception.

In the months leading up to the wedding, Dan and I traded emails discussing plans for the wedding. I placed a lot of pressure on myself to make sure Dan and Tiffany had the wedding of their dreams, not because of his profession, but more from the connection I formed with them. I truly felt as though I was helping a friend as opposed to a client. I wanted to personally ensure that every aspect of their wedding was perfect.

When we arrived at Cairnwood the entire team of vendors worked together seemlessly so that the over all look and feel of the wedding was just what the couple wanted. I couldn’t believe how much energy the guests had when the reception started. The reception was scheduled to end at 11 p.m. - Dan approached me right before and asked to extend the reception another hour because everyone was having such a great time. I was more than happy to stay, because I was also having a great time.

From the beautiful designs, to the gorgeous weather, Dan and Tiffany had the perfect wedding. The perfect wedding starts with the perfect couple and they are the epitome of one. I am very glad I had the chance to work with them and I wish them nothing but the best.

Thanks so much to Justin and Mary Marantz for the beautiful images. To see more from this wedding, check out their blog.


-Matt

No comments: